Andrew continued his demolition of the bathroom. We selected a contractor earlier in the week, and Andrew wanted to finish stripping the bathroom ASAP so the contractor could get to work on it.
I finished painting the spare room. So long, blue painter's tape!
Then I got to work on the living room and foyer, which I'd been itching to repaint since the first day we saw the house.
I ran out of paint for the foyer, so that'll have to get finished next week. I also started taping up the kitchen for painting. Still haven't lined up someone to replace the kitchen floor.
Meanwhile, in the bathroom: Can you see anything? Yes, wonderful things.
Under the bathroom tiles he was removing, Andrew found the original 1920s-1930s floor tiles! We don't know if we can uncover these intact, but it'd be great to keep the original floor in our remodel. You can tell I'm domesticated because I'm really excited by the prospect of having a vintage bathroom floor. The house is full of surprises, only some of which are horrible.
By the end of Monday, Andrew had cleared everything out except the bathtub, which is steel and will need to be carried out in one piece. Still, this is an impressively demolished bathroom.
Also, Andrew changed the locks, we bought light fixtures, and we lined up an electrician to update all the WWII-era wiring. (Andrew is not excited by the prospect of vintage electricity.) So it was a busy three-day weekend. But cold. And wet. And cold.